As part of MLRC’s work, we provide training in housing law and related social welfare law to those working in the field of homelessness or whose clients’ problems include issues with housing/homelessness.
Upcoming training session open to all.
Especially suitable for staff and volunteers of smaller agencies. This training is also suitable for those who have undertaken our training in recent years as this session includes updates in the law and in particular new eviction procedures.
Date: Wednesday 7th September 2016
Time: 10 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
Venue: Wisdom Centre, Sophia Housing, 25 Cork Street, Dublin 8
To book a place please contact our office on 01 4537459 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible as places are limited.
Outline of training session:
- Introduction to MLRC
- Casework undertaken by MLRC
- Background legal principles:
- Freedom of information
- Data protection
- Legal aid
- Fair procedures
- European Convention on Human Rights
- Overview of housing law including a review of the law re:
- The housing list and priority on the housing list
- Standards of housing and the duty of maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour and estate management
- Case studies
All information provided on this Blog is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or a legal contract between this Blog and any person or entity unless otherwise specified. Click here to read more.