Mercy Law is delighted to announce that it has signed up to the Law Society’s Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Charter. As an organisation committed to the development of equal rights and access to justice, this pledge signifies our formal public commitment to treat all clients, volunteers and staff fairly and equally. It will mean that we commit to ensuring all are treated fairly according to their needs regardless of their gender, civil and family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, class, disability or membership of the Traveller Community.
Specifically, under the Charter we aim to:
- Recognise the individual needs of our staff and volunteers supporting them to develop to their full potential.
- Ensure equal access to opportunities for our staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that our internal policies, procedures and processes promote gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Carry out our work without bias, in a respectful and non-discriminatory manner.
- Build awareness and understanding of the benefits of promoting gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Assign responsibility for meeting the Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Charter commitments to our Managing Solicitor.